Sunday, October 18, 2009

3 More Days!


Oh my! Three days from today I get on the plane to Boston/Shannon Ireland/London!
My sister held Thanksgiving Dinner early yesterday. She roasted a turkey with all the trimmings and baked apple crisp and made a chocolate peanut butter pie. I even brought back turkey leftovers! It was a lovely dinner, attended by Sheila, Bob, Richie, Sandy and me. How nice of her! I won't be in the US for Thanksgiving this year, so it was nice to spend it with family, early. I will try to celebrate Thanksgiving in England with some other Americans. I wonder if it will be hard to get a turkey or cranberries. If so, I'll roast a big chicken!
I have only to pack up my remaining clothes and books by Wednesday. All my other tasks are completed. Here's everything that has been accomplished since accepting the job:
Leave my job.
Get all doctor's appts. done prior to health insurance being canceled.
Switch prescriptions to Walmart to get lower prices (most were 90 days for $10) since I no longer have insurance.
Sort through and dispose of household items and move out of my house.
Complete MANY MANY forms and send documents by international fax and international priority mail. (Expensive)
Change banking. Acquire UK bank accounts.
Apply for visa. Courier documents to NYC to UK Consulate. (Expensive!)
Buy plane ticket.
Sell my car.
Pack all clothing and household items and have shipping company re-pack them and take them for international shipping by air.

Whew! That's alot to accomplish in 2 months!

Thanks to both my sisters and their husbands for all the help they have given me during this whole process. They have been wonderful!

Stay tuned. The adventure is about to take an exciting turn!

No comments:

Blog Archive